Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Buffalo chicken salad

This is a recipe I originally posted as "to-try" (this was before I joined Pinterest....so I had no where else to keep them!) Well, now I've tried it and want to share the results!


You can find the original recipe here.


Adam doesn't like spicy foods, so I halved this recipe for my chicken, and made his with orange sauce from Panda Express.


Chicken:
2 TBS unsalted butter melted
1/2 cup hot sauce (my favorite is Frank's - I'm addddddiiiccted)
2 large chicken breasts
1 TBS olive oil


To go on lettuce:
2-3 hard boiled eggs
1 stalk of celery chopped
Baby carrots chopped
Black beans
Cheese
Tomatoes
Green peppers chopped
Dressing (I used ranch)




1. Mix melted butter and hot sauce in large bowl. Transfer half the mixture to a small bowl and put near the stove top for brushing.

2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Place chicken breast in pan, brushing the top side with buffalo sauce mixture. Flip and brush evenly with hot sauce mixture. Continue cooking, turning as needed and brushing with the sauce, until cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces. Toss w/ the hot sauce in the bowl you haven't touched with the raw chicken
(For Adam's I used the exact same technique, just with a pre-made sauce.)


 Fun buffet-style salad night! Super easy, super delicious!


Adam's Orange chicken salad


My buffalo chicken salad

*Adam was a little....bored with the idea of having salad for dinner. But as he gobbled his down, he said, "Well this is turning out to be quite the meal!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment